Information Landmine

"The Americans keep telling us how successful their system is. Then they remind us not to stray too far from our hotel at night." - An un-named EU trade representative quoted during international trade talks in Denver, Colorado, 1997.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Let the betting begin...

Am about to commence my first bit of international travel without first shaving off my beard. Have never been searched at an airport in my life before, including one time as a teenager, when, after going out rabbit hunting the day before, I carelessly walked through Heathrow and got on a plane with about 15 soft-headed .22 bullets in my pocket, I'm a little curious to see what happens now that I've got facial hair. Anyone want to have a guess... ?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete Irving said...

Considering your destination is Africa you'll probably be fine. Now if you'd gone to the U.S.A. without shaving first that would be a different story, I mean, only a total moron would do that.

29 December, 2006 22:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Support the Open Rights Group Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.